09.30.2019 - Monday -
- Math - Nets and Surface Area.
- Warm up: Students constructed a rectangular prism and a triangular prism (nets cut-out). Students are to calculate both the VOLUME and the SURFACE AREA of each in the notes.
- Prisms: Description / Clarification: Imagine taking a polygon and moving it “through space” so each vertex makes a line.
II. Notes and examples of “Nets”
A. Cutting and unfolding three dimensional figures and labeling / measuring the lateral sides and base.
A. Pages 122 through 126 from “Open Up Resources.”
- Science: - Photosynthesis and the (obvious) importance of the sun!
- We had a few notes on proteins and how the DNA directs cells to manufacture proteins in the ribosomes.
- Proteins are important molecules for a wide variety of functions. The are, in turn, made from smaller molecules called Amino Acids.
- Amino Acids link in chains (Polymers - “Many Parts”) to for proteins.
- “The Martian” - A run down of the science from the movie.
- The biology
- The physics.
A. Our second paper airplane “fly off.” This one going for “hang the” over distance.
B. Begin our unit on bridges.