California Water and Biomes
Include one slide for each of the following:
- Each slide must have a picture of the California Biome
- There are six California Biomes (Marine, Forest, Freshwater, Grassland, Desert, and Tundra)
- Include one animal species found in each biome. Make sure to include both the common and scientific name.
- Include one plant species found in each biome along with the scientific name.
- How much annual rainfall does each biome receive?
- Write a few sentences describing the biome. In other words, if you found yourself in that biome; what would expect to see, smell, hear, feel, etc.
- Name one environmental challenge facing the biome. In other words - something that may have a negative impact on biodiversity. Example: As global warming takes hold deserts - which are already hot and arid - may become unlivable for some species that currently reside there.