Environmental Science - Week #24 -
- Last week we chose an endangered species in California and the steps being taken to save the species. An example was given of the California Condor - A large, soaring bird that was down, in numbers, to two dozen after once ranging from Mexico to Oregon.
- This week - Choose a major river in California … Some examples are the Sacramento, Stanislas, American, San Joaquin ….Rivers are ecosystems and rivers can become endangered just as an animal can. One slide addressing each of the following.
- A map showing the course of the river.
- A picture of dams and/or diversion set up along the river. EVERY major river in California has been diverted or damned!
- Pick an ANIMAL species that depends upon the river. Name the species and include a picture.
- Pick a plant species that depends on the river. Name the species and include a picture.
- A history of the NATIVE people that depended upon the river. What did they use from the river.
- The future of the river. This will require a bit of reading / research. In other words, is the river being protected and are there plans for future development?
- A slide dedicated to he recreational aspects of the river. If I wanted to experience your river, where would I go? How could I explore it? Motor boat? Kayak? Is there a beach for swimming? Is it mainly used for fishing?)